Sunday, April 28, 2019

Avengers Endgame


I recently watched Avengers Endgame and it was the best movie ever created.  While enjoying the movie, I couldn't help but notice a few interesting techniques used throughout the film.  To start, I was able to notice a lot of product placement throughout the movie, specifically Audi.  In many scenes, the heroes drive u to the seen in a new Audi, logo out and shining for everyone to see.  I also noticed a phone company who's phone appeared in the film once but the logo was clear and easy to read.  Not only did I notice the various ad techniques used during the movie, but I also picked up on a few film making techniques.

During the movie, there was music playing constantly and I realized how much music can change a film.  There was sad music at the right time, which almost made me cry, and exciting music during the action packed scenes.  The music made the movie so much better and the same goes in different genres. When you look at horror movies for example, it really isn't the screen that makes us jump, its actually the music and the sharp noises that play after a long period of silence during jump scares.  During Avengers Endgame, the music was so good and iconic, which I think made it that much better.

Also, humor was used at the right time, which contributed to it winning the title of best movie ever in my mind.  The balance between jokes, action, and sad moments really made the movie and I would argue that it was one of the best, most well made movies ever created due to the fact that everything was tied up so perfectly.  Another factor would be the build up.  Marvel has been making movies forever and when they first made Iron Man in 2008, they created an era.  The build up of films over the past decade made this movie so great and amazing to watch.

The directors of Avengers, The Russo Brothers, love to confuse the audience and make the endings as unpredictable as possible, so in the previews they inserted a bunch of fake scenes that never made it to the actual movie, which threw me off a ton and made the plot a lot more surprising and unexpected.  In the end, this was one of the best movies I have ever seen and I will never forget it.

Tune in next week for the next on Aidan's Kitchen!

6 comments:

  1. I really like they way you noticed all the hidden ads, as well as the way the film makers threw off the audiance with fake scenes. That definitely makes me want to see it, a lot more than I did before. While I seriously doubt it was the "best movie ever created," I will go see it to be sure. I thought it would be a generic movie but they way you described it made it a lot more interesting to me. Love this article! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you talked about the music, not only in this film, but in other movies too. It made your point very clear and more universally applicable, you have me convinced! While I would usually not be in to this type of movie or genre you have definitely peaked my interests in wanting to find out what the big deal is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you talked about the music, not only in this film, but in other movies too. It made your point very clear and more universally applicable, you have me convinced! While I would usually not be in to this type of movie or genre you have definitely peaked my interests in wanting to find out what the big deal is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the fact of not yet seeing the movie I know I can expect it to exceed my expectations. I agree with you strongly that a good build up leads to a better movie and marvel especially has done a great job to build up to this movie. When I go and see this movie I will keep in mind what I have read from your blog and will look for the same techniques that you were able to notice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how you took the things we are learning in class and noticed it in your normal life like watching Avengers Endgame. You have also convinced me to watch the movie because I just thought, "hey, another movie" and wasn't sure if I was even going to watch it, but now you have convinced me to watch it. When I see this movie, I will also try to notice those sneaky ads put in the movie, and not just this movie, but all media.

    ReplyDelete